Trinity Episcopal Church
27 Fall Street Seneca Falls, NY
Side View from Van Cleef Lake
The original location of the Trinity Episcopal Church was across the canal from its current location. After fifty years of service, the congregation decided it was time to build a new church across the canal at its current location. It is currently located on Fall Street next to van Cleef Lake in Seneca Falls, New York. Construction of the new church commenced on June 2, 1885 and it was completed in 1886. The first service was held on Easter Sunday in 1886. The church was officially consecrated on September 10, 1890 by Rt. Rev. F.D. Huntington, the Bishop of the diocese.
As mentioned above construction of the new church began in 1885. The exterior walls were constructed of blue limestone made in the town of Fayette and regular limestone from Onondaga. The height, width and length of the building are 105 ft. by 73 ft. by 44 ft. and the tower stands 105 ft.
Stained Glass Windows
There are numerous lancet stained glass windows throughout the church and they take after the Gothic influence of the design. A notable window is one that depicts Archbishop Cranmer that is located on the east wall of the nave. There were several designers of the windows that included: J. Weppel and Co., Louis Comfort tiffany, James Baker, and J. and R. Lamb Studies of New York . The largest stained glass window is the Easter window located in the west transept. The window over the altar is called the Ascension Window and it was designed by James Baker and Sons of New York and is an Anglo-French style design. All of the windows are in memory of past clergy and parish members.
There have been several restorations to the building. These projects involve restoring the Rose Window, reinforcing the tower, and the Chancel Arch.
For more information on Trinity Episcopal Church visit the following link:
Address: 27 Fall Street Seneca Falls, New York. 13148
Diocese: Central New York
Service: Sundays at 9:30am